1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Autograph or Omnigraph?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by davocon, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Hi all. Was wondering if you could help me.
    We have an oldish version of Omnigraph as a department and some are wanting to upgrade it to the new version. But I have heard Autograph is better. Has anyone had experience of both? Is Autograph better? How much better? Enough to warrant purchasing a whole new site license for it while we would only have to pay for upgrade of Omnigraph?

2. Hi all. Was wondering if you could help me.
    We have an oldish version of Omnigraph as a department and some are wanting to upgrade it to the new version. But I have heard Autograph is better. Has anyone had experience of both? Is Autograph better? How much better? Enough to warrant purchasing a whole new site license for it while we would only have to pay for upgrade of Omnigraph?

3. Well worth it.
    Omnigraph is pretty obsolete when compared to Autograph.

Also, go for geoGebra- that's free!

4. Maths_Mike

Maths_Mike New commenter

definitely Autograoh as its better at algebraic graphs and does statistical graphs too.

5. Autograph without doubt

6. quiop

quiop New commenter

Recently had a session of Autograph with Doughlas Butler.
    Very useful software and would certainly recommend Autograph.

7. Hmm, sounding like I will have to persuade HoD to let me spend £350 instead of £100!!

8. Omnigraph, without a doubt

Just Kidding

9. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

Omnigraph

seriously

I find it really easy to use, dynamic graphs, intrinsic graphs, everything

10. Noooo - You can do loads of really great stuff on Autograph.

11. Which things can you do on Autograph which you can't do on Omnigraph? Omni does stats too. Need to be able to justify it being £250 extra when we only get £600 p/a to spend on ICT.

12. DM

DM New commenter

Autograph is brilliant.

Ask my students who today used my interactive whiteboard to "fly" through the hole in a volume of revolution as the area between two curves rotated dynamically around them.

13. And if you have a student license, pupils can d/l the 30 day demo and then validate it for permanent use...

14. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Autograph is indeed brilliant and has to be the one to go for.

I do like transformations on the latest Omnigraph though, perhaps more intuitive for younger students.

15. Hi, Can you tell me where I can find omnigraph. I am really looking for it.
    I ordered omnigraph from http://www.virtualimage.co.uk/html/omnigraph.html website. its been more than 2 weeks, i have got any cd from them.I dont know if this is fake or real. I am thinking of lodging complaint against them.

would you suggest me where I can find omnigraph except them.

Regards

Sarabjit Singh

16. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Have you phoned them Sara? Emailed them?

17. ian60

ian60 New commenter

That sounds brilliant!
    I haven't used Omnigraph for many years (I haven't used Autograph much either, tend to use GSP), but I do remember being impressed at the way it could 'do' transformations, and also that it could graph implicit functions.