1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Authors train authors - another fab event :)

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by EC_Resources, Jun 30, 2019.

1. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

Just wanted to thank all the Tes staff, presenters, new and prospective authors that came along to the event in Sheffield yesterday.

The presentations were great and 'speed-dating' was especially useful for making new contacts and gaining new knowledge. I'd highly recommend coming along next time to any authors who couldn't make it. I've been doing this a while and still learned a lot of new things about Tes/Google SEO, the latest acronyms being used in schools, and things which seem obvious now about the search I didn't know about before, like how uploading the same or very similar items multiple times is detrimental and how descriptions are read. It was great to hear about Tes' upcoming plans and how authors in other subjects work and collaborate. It was also fun to push Richard on questions he didn't want to give away the answers to - and didn't! Fair play to him!

It was a really useful day and great to meet up with some author pals I don't get to see often and to make new ones - it can be a lonely job being self-employed, so this was a real boost :) Even if you think you know what you're doing on Tes, there's still so much more you can learn from meeting other authors and chatting to the Tes team.

The food was fab too and to top it all off we had a great catch up in the pub - with free drinks :)

2. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

I second that. Absolutely fantastic day thanks for putting it on.

Well done to the speakers there was some really useful information.

The speed dating was a great idea too.

tesAuthorTeam and EC_Resources like this.
  3. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Thanks for your very kind reviews. Thank you also to all those that attended, these events could not be successful without the input of the author community. We'll be looking through your feedback forms over the next couple of days and pondering on the plans for next time!

[Richard]

EC_Resources likes this.