1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AUTHOR ROYALTY TIER CHANGE

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by labellaroma, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. labellaroma

labellaroma Occasional commenter

What does everyone think of the new author royalty tier system, which is to be implemented on 1st December? I for one will be dropping a tier as I assume many other authors will too. At £6,000 for yearly sales, it is unlikely that I will ever reach my current old author status. Whilst the drop in the transaction fee from 30p to 20p, the saving of 10p will hardly made up for the decrease in royalties that I will be receiving as of December. It would seem that due to the current tier system where people have abused it by uploading menial worksheets simply to reach gold status, those of us who take pride in our resources and spend hours and hours devising engaging, original and unique material now have to suffer. Not really fair. What do others think? :(:eek:o_O

MosaiK and Mrsmumbles like this.
  2. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Well I feel really let down because I will drop down to bronze from gold. They want far too much. It should be about quality not quantity. I already do sales and it won’t be enough. I will end up having to move all my resources over to teachers pay teachers. It was FINE before. Now they will just grab more fees from me without giving me anything back. So that’s fair.

labellaroma likes this.
  3. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Please can we keep all the comments about the royalty tier change here so that we can keep track of your feedback and respond. Thank you.

This thread will be locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.