1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Author generated discount codes

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by heelis, Aug 23, 2017.

1. heelis

heelis New commenter

Hi folks,
    Can you tell me if there is a way that I can generate my own discount codes? For example, I have a lot of very loyal customers whom I'd like t give a discount code to. I have seen some adverts on Facebook that give a particular code to enter on payment so I am assuming it should be possible.

mathsmutt likes this.
  2. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

TES occasionally email a select group of authors a code that they can pass around to boost sales or there are generic ones they use for everyone.

I don't think there would be a need to create our own discount codes as the argument would be that we can already set sales.

3. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Hi @krisgreg30 .
    I'm with @heelis with this one.:)

It would be useful to be able to reward loyalty by issuing a discount code to selected customers via a private message. At present, we are limited to "all or nothing" sales.

4. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

I agree it would be nice just playing devil's advocate and taking the position of TES for that stance. Would also be the issue of who takes the cost hit and setting that up for it to work properly I assume.

mathsmutt likes this.
  5. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter