1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Author Discounting Tool

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by jemmadaniels, Aug 3, 2016.

1. jemmadaniels

jemmadaniels New commenter Staff Member

Hello TES Authors!

We've just launched a brand new Author Discounting Tool which allows you to run your own sales at any time throughout the year. You'll be able to apply a minimum of 5% and maximum of 25% discount to either selected, or all resources, for a period of 24 hours up to 2 weeks. Please see our FAQs for more information, and click 'My Sales' in your dashboard to get started.

We're currently exploring ideas for how to support authors in promoting their sales and, as always, would love your feedback.

Many thanks,
    Jemma - TES Resources

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  2. kibishipaul

kibishipaul New commenter

Well, one obvious idea is to have a prominent page on TES, Facebook or both where upcoming sales/discounts can be displayed for all to see.

3. mrajlong

mrajlong Senior commenter

Hi
    Started a sale today to try it out. However, when I click on 'sales' it says I have no sales running even though my resources are currently discounted. This means I can't stop the sale even if I wanted to! How do I stop a sale?

4. gailhennessey

gailhennessey New commenter

Where are SALES listed? I can't seem to find it? As already stated, the HOMEPAGE of TES should list CLICK HERE FOR SALES BY SELLERS(or something like this). Otherwise, how does someone learn of a "sale"?

CurriculumForAutism likes this.
  5. noah_wiener

noah_wiener New commenter

Mrajlong - Hi, I'm Noah, a TES engineer working on the sales tool. I checked out your account, and it looks like you have a currently active sale. Can you try visiting the 'My Sales' page again to check if it still says you have no sales running? Please be in touch to let me know if the page has started showing your sale!

6. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

If 'following' favourite sellers was promoted more, then maybe that could be used as a way to notify buyers of sales by individual sellers.

kibishipaul likes this.
  7. mrajlong

mrajlong Senior commenter

This seems to be sorted now. Thanks!

bettiolo likes this.
  8. jemmadaniels

jemmadaniels New commenter Staff Member

Hi TES Authors!
    We've created some Sale collateral for you to use when promoting your discounts with the new tool.

Follow this link to view, download and start using them -
    https://www.tes.com/…/tes-author-collateral-banners-to-prom…

There are more changes also on their way, so stay tuned!

Many thanks,
    Jemma - TES Resources

CurriculumForAutism likes this.