1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Author and Title Sought

Discussion in 'English' started by Darren08, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Hello All
    I'm looking for the author and title of a play that I saw on television some twenty (or more) years ago. I recall the following synopsis but neither the name of the author nor the title, can you help, please?
    Synopsis - A group of people live in a small northern town; they live in the same terraced street and drink in the same pub. They all share (to differing degrees) the common interest of the fortunes of their local lower division football club. The club is doing well and may be promoted depending on how well they do in the next couple of games. In order to express their support for the club they decide to paint all of their houses in the colours of the club - yellow. This causes great excitement and community spirit with the exception of one of the people who lives on the street who doesn't want to paint his house. The problem for him, and everyone else, is that his house is in the middle of the terrace and so his omission would spoil the whole effect.

I hope I've given enough information for people to give me the answer I need. (I think it is a Bleasdale play but if it is, I can't find it).

Further, it is of interest because of the Easter wedding. Please help.

2. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

3. CaptGrimesRetd

CaptGrimesRetd New commenter

4. Thank you for you swift response.