1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Author academy highlights - top 10 tips for authors

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by tesAuthorTeam, Aug 8, 2019.

1. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

As an author, there's no better time to get your marketing up to scratch than the back to school period. Tens of thousands of teachers will soon be heading back to the classroom and many of them would just love a helping hand from our fabulous authors. So make sure you're doing all you can to make your resources stand out.

Check out our top 10 marketing tips for authors.

2. nwilkin

nwilkin Occasional commenter

Will TES be running a site wide back to school promotion this year? It would really help give a boost to the authors.

EC_Resources likes this.
  3. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

We are exploring various initiatives with the full intention of boosting sales/downloads for all authors in the 'back to school' period. More news to follow.

[Richard]

bekastks and nwilkin like this.
  4. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

Back to school sitewide sale would be much appreciated by all authors I'm sure. I can't remember the last time we had one! The site that dare-not-speak-it's-name has one regularly - surely it's a good thing for the site?

mrajlong, nwilkin and bekastks like this.
  5. bekastks

bekastks New commenter

I think a site wide sale would be wonderful! I can't wait to hear more about the initiatives meantioned.

nwilkin likes this.
  6. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Yes, I agree - it's ages since we had a sale. It would be the ideal time to encourage teachers to visit the site with the inclement weather and would lead to many more sales. An email sent out to all subscribers advertising the sale would prompt them to visit.

mrajlong, EC_Resources and nwilkin like this.
  7. nwilkin

nwilkin Occasional commenter

Any ideas when we will be told about these back to school boosts as we need to start preparing our stores, making graphics for social media etc Starting to run out of time as some teachers go back very soon and we need to prepare ahead.