1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Authentication statement? Edexcel GCSE

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by dangerousdan, May 23, 2011.

1. Hi,

I have just received an e-Mail from my moderator notification that I have not submitted my Authentication Statement for Unit 2. I have double checked through the ICE and see nothing to tell me of such a statement.
    All my front sheets were signed and dated by me and the students so there is no problem there... That is the only thing I can find about authentication.
    Can someone advise? Maybe I'm being daft......!

2. NikiQatar

NikiQatar New commenter

Hi Dan,
    Me too!! I have emailed the moderator for further clarification of this. Again, all my front sheets were signed and dated by me, checked by the other drama teacher and the exams officer before being sent off as we are an international school.

I have checked the website and the checklists that are provided but have no idea what they are talking about! If you find out let me know and vice versa!!

3. Have you also signed either the OPTEMS sheets or the EDI printout of your centre's marks? That's the only thing you haven't mentioned in the list above. If D1a and D2a sheets are signed by the students and by you and the OPTEMS/EDI is signed, you have signed everything that you have to as a teacher and your moderator has all the signatures they require. Trust me: I'm a moderator.

4. encava

encava New commenter

Hi there,
    Despite it clearly stating on the Optems to ONLY sign the first sheet I received all my Optems back with instructions from the Moderator to sign ALL of them - maybe one hand does not know what the other one is doing at Edexcel. Also still waiting for a reply to an enquiry about coursework that I asked in September - Ho Hum!!!!!

5. NikiQatar

NikiQatar New commenter

I might being thick, but the only d1a form i can find is for the old spec.....I cant find one for the new one anywhere....

6. NikiQatar

NikiQatar New commenter

I mean I can find them for unit one, but the moderator for UNIT 2 has asked for the statement...

Also, it seems that they have completley ignored my D2c form, where you have to write comments on the 5 candidates that have been identified in the filmed hour and asked for another candidates work who scored the same mark has the identified highest...
    If that makes any sense....Grrrrrrr

7. It's not that "one hand does not know what the other one is doing at Edexcel." it's that your mod has misunderstood the requirements. Regrettable, but perhaps only human. If you have signed the OPTEMS for Unit 2 and signed the bottom of the D2a forms (the one that you put on the front of the coursework), you've done what you need to do. As for not having had a reply about a coursework enquiry, PM me andI'll see if I can answer it for you.
    I'd suggest, but don't know, that the student you identified is, perhaps, not as clear as another student in the session and the mod is verifying marks. But if this was the case, I'd expect it to be made clear. Perhaps I'm too nice to centres. If I need something like this, I speak to the exams officer and make the request, leave my phone number and insist they or the Head of Dram phone me if they have any questions about it. (I shouldn't, but I feel it puts teachers at their ease if they know they can talk to someone.)

8. NikiQatar

NikiQatar New commenter

The thing that concerns me most is that we are an International school that finishes in 3 weeks, then I am back to the UK for the summer. If there is anything else they want then I wont be able to give it to them.

Thanks for your help, Arthur. I really want to maintain my 100% A*-C pass rate!!