1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Australia will win the Ashes.

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by yasimum, Dec 2, 2010.

1. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Just seems traditional at this time of year. Bring it on Pommies.

2. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

Kermit the frog is the tallest woman in Bulgaria.

3. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

4. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

I'm bored, can ya tell.

5. So MCG Boxing Day with the G & Ts in the thermos. Yeah!!!!

6. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

Frankly, my dears...

7. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

but I could, and do.
    So, back to the all-night session peering at a pirate TV link in a two-by-two inch window on the laptop tonight. C'mon pommie, c'mon!

8. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

For those who do GAS, some tech advice:
    http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=cricket
    Is the link straight into the cricket page. Below is a 2min youtube video showing briefly how to use the site.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZAyzDUDFkM
    In short, the page will show quite a few providers streaming the cricket. In the "Station" column, if it says "Others" when you click on the "Play" button it will open playing in another web browser window.

Some of the higher speed links will come through small online TV programs which are free, unobtrusive and virus/malware free. The best are Sopcast and Veetle. So if in the "others" column there is a very fast stream (e.g. 800kbps) such as "Veetle" you would need to download and install the program first, which would take less than a minute. I have included the links for both below.
    http://download.cnet.com/Veetle-TV/3000-12512_4-75153877.html
    http://download.cnet.com/SopCast/3000-13632_4-10601520.html?tag=mncol;1
    If you don't GAS about cricket, you may prefer to (yet again) pull out your small tired limp old DVD of Jonny Wilkinson drop-goalling the aussies to death in 2003, fumbling at your mud-caked jockstrap as you watch.

9. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

England's day, I reckon. You win the toss at Eddy Laid, you expect to bat for two days and post 550.
    But a lot of cricket left in this game.
    And never write off the aussies.
    This pitch still may have some tricks up its sleeve...
    ufff, to be honest, need some help with the clichés right now - pretty tired out here at the workplace after a long spell. Things got a little tough around 0330 but it was a case of gritting the teeth and seeing it through.

10. You can't throw a ball, can you?

11. ian60

ian60 New commenter

I would say that the Pommies certainly 'brought it on' wouldn't you Yasi? [​IMG]

Of course, day 2 could be a different story, but as an England supporter I have learnt to take successes on a day by day basis.

12. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Wise!

13. Australia nearly won that four nations Rugby League tourney recently.
    Nearly...

14. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

Yep they came really close. It was the same day the Union team lost to England. At least England got more than one vote in the Fifa World Cup shindig. Tough times to be an Aussie, tough times. Smash back a few tinnies and the pies will taste better.

15. Sandman

Sandman New commenter

Day 1 England
    Day 2 England
    Any predictions for Day 3. Reckon the barmy army will have bought most of the tickets?

16. Damn you Perce T!
    Dumbre, dumbre, dumbre..all is lost Im afraid.
    Ive stopped singing 10cc's Dreadlock Holiday.

17. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

What a bore they are.
    I would risk career, marriage, savings, everything and fly (First Class) to Australia tomorrow, were it not for the risk of ending up sitting with those cretins for seven hours a day.

18. Sandman

Sandman New commenter

Excuses, excuses, excuses.
    Barmy army,barmy army, barmy army.
    Looks like rain might ruin the party.Not sure why you would need to fly first class SMT?

19. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Day eight will definitely be ours!