1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Australia topic

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cathyj135, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Hi
    Really wanted to do australia after half term but can't seem to find ideas. Any inspiration for activities to enhance provision or in general. I teach nursery to year 2 so differentiation and progression are key. Only ideas so far using locality first and then Barnaby Bear going on holiday to Australia.
    Thanks

2. Hi
    Really wanted to do australia after half term but can't seem to find ideas. Any inspiration for activities to enhance provision or in general. I teach nursery to year 2 so differentiation and progression are key. Only ideas so far using locality first and then Barnaby Bear going on holiday to Australia.
    Thanks

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

off the top of my head, climate (what to pack in my suitcase), letter writing skills (set up link with Australian school). These are with the Year 2 end in mind, im not great with FS! If you wanted History objectives you could talk about shipping off criminals (lots of creative writing opportunities in terms of diary entries, letters of goodbye to loved ones). Your obvious Geog objectives would be continents, locating on map, comparing daily lives (maybe have case study & that could be linked into the penpal idea). Sorry, just rambling various half ideas here!