1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Australia Novel?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by davidroe, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Hi all.
    I am using 'Australia' as my topic for September with the Hamilton Trust Scheme. Does anyone know a good novel based in Australia I could use with the work?
    It will be for a Y4/5/6 class.
    Any suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks in advance.
    David.

2. Hi all.
    I am using 'Australia' as my topic for September with the Hamilton Trust Scheme. Does anyone know a good novel based in Australia I could use with the work?
    It will be for a Y4/5/6 class.
    Any suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks in advance.
    David.

3. Hi I'm hoping to do Australia too and was thinking of using The Rainbow Serpent - an Aboriginal Dreamtime Story as I see you can also get a video of the story on Youtube.

Can I ask what other activities you have thought of ? I'm going to be with Year 4

:)

4. Don't know about a novel but would definitely recommend the Australian author Paul Jennings.He is a really well known author over there who has written lots of very funny/thought provoking short stories (check them out first, some are a little bit rude for younger children). Children of that age love them.
    Again not a novel but 'The Rabbits' by John Marsden is a very poignant story and picture book about colonisation.