1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Aus (NSW) - How can I Prove Teaching Employment?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by littlemissraw, Oct 27, 2011.

  1. littlemissraw

    littlemissraw Occasional commenter

    I've tried calling the NSW Department of Education but they closed at half 4 so thought I may get a quicker reply here. I've just come to Aus (on a working holiday) and can't think of anything I have with me to prove my teaching employment. Surely they will seek references...? What did anyone else use? I'm desperate to get this approval boxed off ASAP so any help/advice would be great. Thanks in advance! x
  2. Hello there, I'm a teacher in Western Australia and I think that your best bet would be to get your dates of employment put onto some official school stationary with the Principal or Deputy's signature and contact details. Get this sent to you ASAP and make certified copies. Send or take in the copies and get a receipt. I hope this helps
  3. littlemissraw

    littlemissraw Occasional commenter

    Do you think this could be emailed from the official school address or will it not be good enough? Thanks for the reply x
  4. happygreenfrog

    happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

    Have you copies of any of your work contracts held online (I tend to copy everything and hold it online now) or have someone back home who could copy them for you.
  5. littlemissraw

    littlemissraw Occasional commenter

    The originals need to be certified by a Justice of the Peace. Do you think a UK one could sign my contracts (they should be at my Parents I think...) and Aussie one everything else? x
  6. littlemissraw

    littlemissraw Occasional commenter

    I finally spoke to them. I've been told I need to send them (on letterhead) Evidence of my teaching employment, payscale, start & end dates and and periods of absence from my teaching employer. Have been in touch with my old HR but hate to think how long its going to take...Thanks for all the replies [​IMG]

Share This Page