1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

August pay after maternity leave

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Caro33, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Help! I have been on maternity leave until the end of July and will be returning in September on a part time contract. As far as I was aware I would be paid full time as per my current contract for August but I have not been. After several months on nothing but SMP I am brassic and really needed the extra money so that I can afford the childcare and petrol for September.
    Can they do this???
    Thanks

2. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

Not if the change is due to take place in September.

3. Essex CC have a policy that if you have neogtiated to change to part time hours in Sept, then if you return to work 'very close' to the summer hols then you have to start straight away on your new hours.
    If you are working in Essex, your August pay would therefore be for whatever your part-time hours are going to be.
    I would have thought they would also let you know first though......

4. Sounds to me as if your LA may have the same policy. You should surely have been made aware of this policy though by your admin team or head teacher.
    Without wanting to sound harsh, it seems like a reasonable policy operated by Essex LA.