1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Audrey Hepburn did not have va-va-voom

Discussion in 'Personal' started by doomzebra, Feb 21, 2011.

1. I know what you mean. I was 14 in 1978 and we all wanted to look like/be her. All the boys...well....
    Chrissie Hynde had more of the Lauren Bacall smoulder too. I also wanted to be her.

2. She looks like a dessicated Egyptian mummy in eyeliner, these days. Not a good look.

3. Most of the actors we are discussing look pretty desiccated by now. Irrelevant to the discussion really. We all have to get older. Debbie Harry's not looking too great either. Neither am I come to that.
    Is va-va-voom subjective?

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I thought she still looked good at 52 in 'The Shootist' when she was only slightly older than I am now. It all depends on your perspective. Plus she had a certain poise and presence, regardless of wrinkles.

5. magic surf bus

Had she lived I don't think Marilyn Monroe would have aged well, as we tend to associate the classic bubbling blonde with youthfulness, and she would have gone to all sorts of bizarre lengths to maintain that. Lauren Bacall always looked older than her years - she was only 19 when she started her fling with Humphrey Bogart (45).

6. At what age exactly does va-va-voom stop, then?? 'kinghell - I hope I have half her va-va-voom when I'm in my 70s/80s. Are youthful looks what define it then?? You've made me really angry now. I'm off to watch Hot Fuzz. FU.

7. magic surf bus

Earlier this evening I had a delightful conversation with a 99 year old lady who claimed she was wearing her 'sexy knickers', so there's still hope for you yet ;-)

8. Thank god!

9. Deborah Harry was stunning - really beautiful.

I'd like to add Vivien Leigh to the mix - she was a little mad, and didn't exactly have va-va-whatever, but there was definitely a spark of some kind.
    In fact, she was so pretty, I have to post a picture:

[​IMG]

10. Er... a few hours later...

[​IMG]

11. Up for gorgeous-ness.