1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Audiobooks on Ipod

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Jun 1, 2012.

1. I am just about to go and choose an I pod but have no idea how to get audiobooks on it. If I get one, is there anyone around who could help me please? It is really only for books, rather than music.

2. I am just about to go and choose an I pod but have no idea how to get audiobooks on it. If I get one, is there anyone around who could help me please? It is really only for books, rather than music.

3. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

You can but them at the iTunes store. They are then backed up onto your computer or the iCloud if you have that facility.

4. Richie Millions

As an example Mave Binchy Full House costs £7.95

5. Thank you Richie. I already have a lot on CDs and was hoping to transfer them onto it. I can get them onto my computer, so presumably it is quite easy to transfer them onto the ipod from the compy? I am clueless, and my techie friend has gone on holiday...

6. Richie Millions

Sorry I may have gone too fast. When you get your iPod open an itunes account if you have not already got one. Register your iPod then go to the iTunes store. Go to the drop down menus at the top choose books then audio books. Make your selection then pay. They will then download to your computer sync your iPod with your computer and the files will be copied to your iPod. Away you go. Happy reading x

7. Richie Millions

Sorry Cross posts yes just copy any music you want from your CD's into your iTunes library and then sync again to copy to your iPod. Apple does it all for you it is very easy.

8. Promise?? Thank you very much, am off to treat myself! I have some difficult stuff to do this holiday and listening to a nice book will help while away the hours.
    XX

9. Richie Millions

Music or books go to iTunes then select file from the drop down menu then select the add to option.

10. Richie Millions

iPods are not like blank discs that you can add anything to. Apple have sewn it up so you need to go through iTunes. That is why some people don't like them. However millions do and I have never yet had a problem.

11. (pssssssssssst! You can also use Sharepod to get music, books, etc, etc, onto your pod. You can byoass itunes completely - it's free and very stable, I've been using it for years, since I had a bit of a lemon ipod!)