1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Audience repsonse/ effects on the audience AQA Dram 3 Section

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by svengali, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Hello all,

I'm having real issues with this. I feel very confortable explaining to my students that an audinece response is how you want the audinece to respond emotionally i.e contempt/empathy towards a character. However, I'm struggling with 'different effects on an audience' questions as I'm not clear whether this should be communicated to the students that the effects are comedic/ tension/ laughter. I got a powerpoint from the board where it goes into detail about what board believe an 'audience response' is but they say precious little about what they consider to be an effect on an audience. I'm just struggling to put it into terms that my students will understand.

Any help wouold be greatly appreciated.....................

2. Hello all,

I'm having real issues with this. I feel very confortable explaining to my students that an audinece response is how you want the audinece to respond emotionally i.e contempt/empathy towards a character. However, I'm struggling with 'different effects on an audience' questions as I'm not clear whether this should be communicated to the students that the effects are comedic/ tension/ laughter. I got a powerpoint from the board where it goes into detail about what board believe an 'audience response' is but they say precious little about what they consider to be an effect on an audience. I'm just struggling to put it into terms that my students will understand.

Any help wouold be greatly appreciated.....................

3. I don't teach this board, but surely the two (response / effect) are different?
    A response is visible / audible.
    An effect isn't (or not necessarily) and can .
    "My response to the scene was helpless laughter".
    "The effect it had upon me was profound; I will never be able to pass a beggar in the street again without giving a pound".
    There again.... exam boards sometimes re-define words.