1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Attn TES your forum is a disaster...

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Potatoes005, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Potatoes005

Potatoes005 Occasional commenter

Ten years I've enjoyed reading and posting on the forum, having dialogue with other teachers, and others, like me who have retired.

Took me ten minutes to navigate myself to the "Education News - Scotland" forum.

TES have a word with yourself, your forum for Scotland is a joke!

2. Potatoes005

Where's my inbox got to as well, solve that wee riddle...

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Right let's sort this out for you!

Can't find the Forum?

Start at HOME then just scroll down - there are the Scotland & Wales Forums
    upload_2015-11-15_12-47-37.png

You could also, once you've got there, make it a Bookmarked page - i have my favourites bookmarked along my menu bar.

Your inbox?

That's easy too.

Top RH corner of your screen there's a small avatar of you. Well, in your case it's a Green Martian as you haven't yet chosen an avatar!

Click on that and you'll see a menu list - choose Conversations.

I have just sent you a mail message so that you can see how it works.

And finally there's a nice easy-stages guide that you can read on the Welcome Forum.

Here it is.

How to guide

Hope that's all helpful! Once you get used to it, it's very easy to use.

Best wishes

4. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

at the top right of your screen there is a circle with your avatar and your name. Hover over that and you should get a drop down menu. Your inbox is now called "conversations".

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

6. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Lead commenter

The Conversations stuff is good, I hadn't realised you could do that, so thanks. Gawd knows I may even try to contact some of you privately so we can have a private ***** about all things teaching.

I think auld tattie-heid was alluding to the inaccessibility of the new format, amongst other things. methinks it should revert to the "Scotland - Opinion" forum as before. The Scotland and Wales forums are too far down the page too. And . . .

7. Potatoes005

Aye, tattie-heid was alluding to the inaccessibility of the new format. I've just collected my state pension a few months back and I've naturally crossed over the line of being "auld" and "decrepit..."

I've even started using my bus pass.

I still can't work out how to get an Inbox, but if I do, I'll make sure I send you a message first Jimmy, filled with dogs abuse of course!

8. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Lead commenter

Wouldn't have it any other way, spuds.
    Which one are you, Jack or Victor?
    And remember, GIRFUY, sorry, GIRFEC.

9. catmother

catmother Star commenter

The Scotland part has not changed so much (apart from the name), it's pretty much the same as it has been for the last few years. The only time that this part of TES was lively is when we had obvious wind up merchants or people wanting to teach in Scotland asking questions.
    You should join us on the main TES boards, Potatoes, I'm sure you would enjoy those.

10. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

If you think this place is bad - the last post in the Wales forum was in August.

11. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Sorry that you feel that way @Potatoes005. I hope that you can access your inbox now after TheoGriff kindly explained how you could access it.

I also hope that you will find the new platform easier to use than the last one. Many users have commented that they like the new forums and find it more user-friendly. I hope you will give the new site a chance. If you need any more help please ask me or the rest of the Community? I'm sure that one of us can help.:)

Thank you @TheoGriff and @Flere-Imsaho for your help.

Thank you for pointing this out @catmother.

12. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Our friend has sent me a message so he has now discovered how to do it.

;)

Best wishes

13. Potatoes005

I'm not convinced yet - too much scrolling for my old hands but hey I'm getting there and having a mass posting party

14. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Lead commenter

Getting used to it is always a problem.
    We need to contribute more ourselves and make it ours.
    I do find contributing therapeutic*, I must admit.

* Translates as "like to moan".

15. Potatoes005

I'm thinking of maybe just going and spending a week in a school just to get some material. My moaning repertoire is getting considerably "auld" now. My daughter teaches and I'm concerned she doesn't moan enough.