1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Attested docs for Dubai

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by aquarius10, Mar 12, 2019.

1. aquarius10

aquarius10 New commenter

Hi all,

I know there are other threads on this, but I am hoping there is somebody who has had their docs attested etc ready for teaching in Dubai (starting in August so somebody who has done it recently would be ideal!).

If you have done this already please can you send me a message- I have a few questions about prices and the process in general!

Thanks in advance

2. Sebbenn

Sebbenn New commenter

We are in the process. Have paid Argentum £603 to do it all for us.

3. teachtronic

teachtronic New commenter

just so you know, you can do it yourself, might be a little running around but could work out substantially cheaper. just to give you an example, i needed 7 docs attesting and legalised for work in Qatar. a company who would do all the leg work on my behalf would charge approximately £140 per doc, totalling £980. I decided this was too much for me, so i decided to do it myself. FCO process cost me £220, (£30 per doc and £5 for track and send) i did it in 2 batches hence i paid a little more in postal fees. I then visited the qatar embassy to get these done in person, a return train ticket cost me £80, and London tube fees, and the fees in the Qatar embassy was £22 per doc, so i paid £154. in total i spent approximately £460. a substantial saving than paying a third party for me.

Note: i'm not sure about the UAE, however many other ME countries such as Qatar now also want the transcripts to the degrees and enrolment letters to be accompanied with the certificates for attestation and legalisation.

4. London020

London020 New commenter

Happy for you to PM me, I have just got all my documents attested. Did it all myself and saved a lot of money in the process.

5. TonyGT

TonyGT Established commenter

Wow, what a great way of making money!!!

Attestation is far, far easier than people imagine. I would suggest doing it yourself unless you have tons of disposable income and no time.

rednelly84 likes this.
  6. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Established commenter

I got the notary to do it all for me for the UAE - 3 documents including notarisation and FCO fees was around £120 if I remember rightly.

7. rednelly84

rednelly84 Occasional commenter

£603?! Wow, that's outrageous. I paid nothing like that. Your school, should guide you with this. It's super easy to do yourself.

Now, maybe I need to reconsider my career options...