1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

attending or completed Teacher Training at Chester and Liverpool John Moore?

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by yishan.lu, Jul 4, 2015.

1. balconysun

balconysun New commenter

Dear Forum,

If you are currently undertaking teacher training or you have completed your teacher training (whichever route- from PGCE to School Direct Salaried) at University of Chester or Liverpool John Moore, I would like to hear from you.

I am choosing between University of Chester and Liverpool John Moore, with Secondary MFL as my chosen level/subject. I would like to know, from your personal experiences,:

1. the tutor-student interaction: are your personal tutor at the university approachable, easy to get on with and can/could provide helpful advice (regarding your concerns in your individual career development/ teacher training)?

2. if your university teacher can give constructive feedback—e.g. point out what can be improved AND suggest a few ways to do so.

A bit more about me:

- have been teaching Mandarin since 2008 and am likely to be employed as a Mandarin teacher at a school in NW England willing to support me to start the Initial Teacher Training this Autumn.

- do not know any other European/other languages well enough to teach up to KS3 but am willing to learn one for future career development

On a separate note, is it possible to take only one language in MFL (Mandarin, in my case) plus either Geography, History, Sociology, Computer Science, or Technology and Design during Initial Teacher Training, in order to make myself more employable later on in my teaching career? I am asking because my background/experience also lies in these areas mentioned above).

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you!