1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Attending an academy recruitment morning

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by WildKyogre, Jan 21, 2017.

1. WildKyogre

WildKyogre New commenter

The website is unclear on whether I should prepare anything to bring with me.
    Should I take a CV? Cover letter?

I feel a bit out of my depth because I'm currently living in South London but planning to move up to Midlands in the summer so I'm attending this recruitment morning, very conscious that I'll only be getting the academy chain's side of the story and won't be able to visit schools before I apply for any jobs I'm interested in.
    Any tips/advice?

2. pcsmush

pcsmush Occasional commenter

I've never attended an event like this, but it wouldn't hurt to bring CVs and cover letters. I'm guessing if you're interested you will have to fill out an official application. You never know who you'll bump into, so it would be better to be over prepared by bringing your CV rather than wishing you had. :)

Pokemon fans for the win!

WildKyogre likes this.
  3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Before accepting a post you need clarity about.

Pay scale and progression arrangements
    The working hours - they are different in academies
    The full job responsibilities
    The school you would be assigned to and whether there are options to move within

This should all be made available to you at the selection and don't forget you can always withdraw from the interview process if it is not for you