1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Atos medical assessment

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gruoch, Mar 16, 2012.

1. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

Went on one with my disabled son on Tuesday. We have both been totally wrecked all week. I booked the actual day off, but had to take the following day, too.
    We won't get the decision 'for a few weeks' but the 'qualified health professional' ( a nurse) knew as much about my son's condition as I do about nuclear physics.
    Gruoch - 'o' level physics - failed.

2. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Sounds about par for the course with ATOS.
    I would expect an unfavourable report, full of inaccuracies/lies.
    If the report is fair and accurate, you get a pleasant surprise. If it is a 'typical' ATOS report then you are prepared.
    You can and should appeal if their report is inaccurate. A very high percentage pf appeals are succesful.
    You are not alone. (Go to moneysavignexpert - plenty of people there know what ATOS are and how they work!)

3. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

Apparently the initial 'failure' (for 'failure' read 'success') rate is 37%. Last I heard the appeal success (for 'success read 'success') rate was 80%, but that figure may be out of date.