1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Atilla the Mosquito!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by BelleDuJour, Aug 1, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Bloosy mozzies! Onthe last night of my holiday, Saturday, I was brutally attacked by Atilla the Mosquito.
    I have a weeping hole in my right upper arm, around 5mm across (been getting bigger!) and, worse still, one bite above and two below my right eye.
    As a result the right side of my face is now swollen, with weeping holes and my right eye is half closed. Not a pretty sight!
    I bloody hope the culprit died of alcohol poisoning!
    [​IMG]

2. BelleDuJour

Bloosy mozzies! Onthe last night of my holiday, Saturday, I was brutally attacked by Atilla the Mosquito.
    I have a weeping hole in my right upper arm, around 5mm across (been getting bigger!) and, worse still, one bite above and two below my right eye.
    As a result the right side of my face is now swollen, with weeping holes and my right eye is half closed. Not a pretty sight!
    I bloody hope the culprit died of alcohol poisoning!
    [​IMG]

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Oh no! Poor you. [​IMG]
    I've got one right under my left boob (rubbing nicely against the underwiring of my bra) and it's itchy as ruggery. Avon 'skin so soft' cream allegedly repells the little blighters, but unfortunately that's a bit horse and stable door... [​IMG]

4. BelleDuJour

Doc has given me antibiotics as he reckons it's infected. Mind you, I might lose weight as well as I have to take them 4 times a day on an empty stomach.....that's one hour before or two hours after food. *** when am I going to get to eat anything!!!!!!

5. Huge sympathies, Belle. I got bitten on holiday too - on my boob - and it got infected so I had to search out a doctor for the antibiotics.
    Sounds like a good, heavy dose of antibiotics you've been prescribed there - hope they start working quickly for you.

6. I've also just returned from holiday with many bites especially on the ankles. I used jungle formula and other insect repellents but still mamaged to get bitten. Does anyone know a really good insect repellant?

7. inq

inq

TCP in the bath, a fan on at night, holiday in Cardiff in the rain!

8. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Apparently, Avon Skin so Soft spray works a treat to ward of mosquitos and sandflies. Soldiers take it to Afghanistan, I believe. It smells lovely, too.. Have tried to get some but it has sold out.

9. Dunteachin

Oops, shouldn't have told you! More people will be after it.

10. BelleDuJour

I've just got some from the Avon website. Special offer just £1.50. Brilliant!

11. Dunteachin

Eh? I've just ordered some at £2.60 from the Avon website. The Skin so Soft dry oil body spray 150ml? Also, if you can find an Avon rep, she'll deliver it free. Horse, stable door...

12. BelleDuJour

I used avonshop.co.uk. Delivery was free if over £20 ordered and we stocked up ondetangling spray for my stepdaughter, new hairbrushes and sun screen so no postage.
    It was a 150ml spray (code 06700) and was just £1.50. Bargain. Wish I'd ordered more.
    On reflection, I have used it in the past as a fly repellent on my horses!!

13. Dunteachin

Flippin' 'eck! Should work then! Hope you are looking more human now..

14. BelleDuJour

Yes, I am looking more human and less elephant <strike>man </strike>woman! It really was nasty and I hope the offending mozzie died of alcohol poisoning.