1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

At what age did you put lo in own room?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by lce, Jan 9, 2011.

1. lce

lce

Hi all,
    My lo is 12 weeks and is still in our bedroom. I don't know how I will feel when she is in her own room, but I know she will have to go in a few weeks. The Moses basket is still ok for now but she has recently had a growth spurt and is getting really long so it won't be ok for much longer, and theres no way on earth that our cot is going to fit in our bedroom.
    So, just wanted to ask when you moved your lo into their own room, and was it as traumatic as I think its going to be (on me, not her :) )

2. At 3 weeks... I must be a very evil mummy! But she was sleeping 8 hours at 4 weeks and 10 hours by 6 weeks so it has obviously helped!

3. Can't answer this as not a mum but was just going to suggest you repost this on the baby and toddler forum - you'll get loads of answers there. Quite a few who post on here are still at ttc or pregnancy stage.

4. My daughter is 5 months and still with us- we have a freezing house and it is easier to keep an eye on temperature and keep one room warm. She is out of her moses basket but we have managed to get the travel cot in and she is there at moment.

5. At about 8 weeks old. As soon as we did it he started sleeping much longer stretches and so did we! I highly recommend doing it sooner rather than later. He was then sleeping through the night by 3 months. In terms of the moses basket/cot dilemma, we kept him (swaddled) in his basket at first and put it in the big cot, then at about 4 months old we took the plunge and started putting him in a sleep bag in the cot. He was unsettled for one night but has been fine ever since. HTH.

6. My sister's baby is 13 months and she still sleeps in the parents bedroom. I'm thinking that I'm going to take all your advice and put my baby in own bedroom asap! I guess it's just down to individual choices. If you think about it, it'll be daunting at whatever age so I guess the sooner the better maybe.
    The person who said to post on baby/toddler forum has a good point, you'll probably get more feedback as not everyone on this forum has had a baby already. x