1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

At the risk of embarassing Bluerose...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Andrew Jeffrey, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

I am currently away from home, watching a boring football match, and surfing a few threads on the world's best teaching website.

I have suddenly realised that a huge proportion of them contain a whole load of high-quality practical, concise and self-effacing posts by Bluerose.

I have never met Bluerose so this is not me being nice about a friend; I think that she (I assume 'she') is one of the most helpful, experienced and level-headed posters on this entire site, and I wanted to say THANKS Bluerose, as well as to ask whether other TESsers have had reason to be grateful to Bluerose?

(The lack of typos in this post will hopefully convince you that this is not an alcohol-induced comment, either.)

2. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

I'll second that!

3. I agree with you Jeffrey. Might I add that you too often have sensible level headed answers.

4. Hear, hear AJ she does give out a lot of help and advice but she does it in such a subtle way!

5. Who is Bluerose? Obviously a very lovely HT who gives out a wealth of fab advice, is supportive, helpful and kind. She freely gives her experience without drawing any attention to herself at all. A self effacing and very humble poster.

6. I've had so much good advice from bluerose. She's fab!

7. I read a lot of posts on here, and would definitely agree with you all!!

8. I agree, Bluerose gives excellent advice and we should be allowed to apply for jobs in her school!!

9. bluerose is wonderful i agree

10. Great advice but also does not worry about asking for help/opinion on something that she wants to improve in her school. So rare that HTs admit that there is something that they need to improve on!

11. Don't know why but I assumed Bluerose was a chap. I agree with the other posters - really nice chap/chappess!

12. Absolutely - I'm not the most prolific of posters but read and learn lots and when I see Bluerose has added to a thread I always have a look because I know it'll be worthwhile!
    Thanks Bluerose!!!

13. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

Bluerose is fab, and is made all the more wonderful because she doesn't rub us unoutstanding (yet) teachers' noses in her fabness. Level headed, modest, helpful and most definitely cringing with horror at all this praise!! ;o)

14. Andrew Jeffrey

Yes, quite possibly cringing, but nevertheless fully deserving to be recognised. I'm glad so many folk agree (but not surprised.)

15. shelleymccuk

shelleymccuk New commenter

Have to agree with all of the above. I bet she's lovely to work for - any jobs going?????!

16. I am frequently grateful for the way in which Bluerose draws threads and information together, thereby saving many of us the time and effort that must be involved. I find Bluerose a modest and incredibly helpful poster who wants to help others without 'bigging up' herself.

May I add my thanks to this thread.

17. Im another in appreciation of Bluerose!

And I do know that she is a she!

How are you AJ by the way??? Hope you are good.

Kat :)

18. Andrew Jeffrey

I'm OK, if a little bored, thanks Kat. Shoulder healing nicely, thanks!

Thanks for adding your appreciation of Bluerose. She will die when she sees this (but I don't care!)

19. i remember a rather humble AJ when there were a few threads saying how fab you were!

:)

20. AJ youre right ive died, just logged on after a very hard day at work wont go into detail but things very challenging then home to equally busy family. Im very embarrased by this thread but also very touched and can only say thank you. AJ you along with loads of the posters whove replied are brilliant on here at sharing their work, ideas or plans etc so please all take your own share of the glory.
    As to being HT who knows we can improve i certainly am that and am always amazed by the fantastic ideas on here and continue to take from here all the time.
    Good job you cant see my blushes but thank you to you all. AJ you must be very bored:)