Hello all. I'm hoping for some impartial advice here. I'm currently an NQT in a reception class. I'm struggling currently with my induction year. I've not been graded by my tutor or head teacher as satisfactory yet. It was first flagged up when I was observed in my 7th week of teaching. I was graded as inadequate and the support started from there. However with all this support and being observed pretty much every week I've still only been graded as inadequate with some satisfactory elements. I've been advised that my school are worried I still won't meet the standards by the end of the year and they've asked me to research my options. They are obviously worried about the children in my class but are also worried for me as it's not nice being told you are inadequate every week! I phoned my local NQT advisors and I've been told that I could continue but obviously if I fail the 3rd term I will lose my QTS and not be able to teach again. I could also choose to take a break from my induction year and then return to continue the remainder at some point in the future. Be it one term or one and a half terms. Since my 7th week the school have put in extra support - observing me more, asking me to do detailed planning on a weekly basis, writing up action plans, having me observe other teachers so it's not that they are not helping me. My problem seems to stem from subject knowledge and behaviour management (I don't know what happened at uni but I seemed to get the raw end of the deal and have somehow gained great gaps in my knowledge even though I passed uni - I did a 4yr BA in primary ed). I was thinking that taking a break could possibly be beneficial as I don't want to continue and fail and I don't want my children to suffer. I thought if I stay until Easter putting in 200% then if I still haven't improved I'll take the break. I currently rent a flat so have rent and bills to pay so if I leave my job I need to find something else quick that can pay my way. I was thinking that getting a job as an HLTA would be most valuable in terms of gaining the extra experience alongside plenty of swatting up in books and I could do that for a year and then return to complete my induction (hoping that a school would take a possible failure on). My other options are to get supply work as I can do 16 months of supply - but I understand that relying on that is not likely to pay my bills! I just don't know what to decide - I know I'm the only one who can actually make the decision but I just would like some other peoples thoughts and opinions on the matter. Sorry my post is so long and probably not easy to read!