1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

At last

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Dec 15, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I have got my operation date, 12th January, so it will be a good start to the New Year to be rid of the pain!!

2. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Excellent news. Nothing more draining than constant pain. Hope it goes well for you. Here's to a pain free 2012 [​IMG]

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Ah, good news. Hope you aren't in too much pain until then. Think of the relief when you get it sorted.
    All the best to you.

4. What a relief that must be for you. Fabulous news (and good luck) [​IMG]

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Thanks, after 4 weeks of horrendous pain, so bad I had to turn down 3 days work, I am relatively pain nfree at the moment. This condition is really weird and I hate having it, me sympathy goes to anyone else who has it.
    I am definitely leaving something in my will for research into the condition, although having read the book which a poster kindly lent me, it appears that the myelin sheath of the nerve wears away as you get older and so contact with the artery becomes unbearable. However that doesn't explain why young people get it and why it comes and goes.

6. Have you tried gin?

Hope you are pain free soon. :¬) xxxxx

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

That was the first thing I tried, Bauble, I doubt that even several pints of Olde and Feelthy would stop this pain, mind you the smell might!! [​IMG]

8. That is such good news lapin. At last!

9. A nice mix of gin, olde and filthy and disorornno manages to kill any illness up to and including denga fever.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Glad to hear it Lapin - it must be a relief to know that it's imminent.

I'm fascinated by the myelin sheath - it doesn't develop fully until around the age of 7 and there is a school of thought that chemicals (particularly nerve stimulants such as msg) have an adverse effect on children. I didn't know that it wore out. I wonder if that is why the pain my mother in law suffered as a result of shingles on her eye and the nerve running from her eye to her forehead was so very extraordinary.

11. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Glad to hear that they have finally given you a date.
    I hope it isn't too bad over the Chrismas period and gives you a respite so you can enjoy your Christmas dinner x

12. henriette

henriette New commenter

brilliant news and a good crimbo prezzie I am sure
    x

13. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

Good luck ,Lapin and best wishes for the op from me and Andy xxxxx[​IMG]