1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

At last they've discovered what a teacher's true vocation is.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Also fashion police. But it was always basically keeping 'em off the streets.

Now it's policing the traffic on the streets they're not on.

But about bloody time too. My grandchildren's school is a nightmare. They park anywhere. Lazy beggars.

3. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

So is this before, during or after - or instead of - running after-school clubs, pre-school breakfasts, break duties, lunch duties, parents' evenings, after-school marking etc. etc.? Oh yeah of course I will go out and do traffic duty outside the school. I can be there for 10pm - is that ok?

4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

There's usually one DHT-type outside most schools. But do they really want a bunch of fives? I know most of them are jumped-up little Hitlers who seem quite to enjoy the hectoring role. But tackling motorists? Ouch.

5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

It doesn't matter where you are, or whether it's primary or secondary, school parking is and will always be, a nightmare. Walking buses, road markings, notices etc are all to no avail. The only time I have seen anything approaching success at dealing with it, someone put up a notice saying cars would be clamped. It helped until everyone realised it was fake.

I have seen mothers come to fisticuffs outside my granddaughter's school, because cars are parked on both sides of the road and there isn't room for two cars going in opposite directions. It was like Gunfight at the OK Corral, with both refusing to back up.

As part of a role, I've had to ask motorists to move from illegally parking outside the school. We went in twos though. Wouldn't risk it on my own.

6. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

What you all need is the Head of Infants at my kids' village primary school (alas retired now) Mrs Allen...... ALL the parents were sh*t scared of her and no one parked anywhere they shouldn't because no one wanted "the look" God forbid " a word".

7. midnight_angel

midnight_angel Senior commenter

I might be tempted to put a ticket on the car, of the parent, of the persistent disrupter ... :cool: