1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

At last... An interview!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by littlemissraw, Jan 31, 2012.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Okay so it not a career move but have an interview for 15 hours a fortnight in a card shop. Got to start somewhere hey?!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

And if you get it you will start a Dear Theo I got the job! and get a sparkly star.
    Best wishes, very best wishes.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh congratulations littlemissraw. Interview is hopeful, actual job, and more importantly income so one is more relaxed when the all important teaching post comes up to write good applications, is even better.
    In these hard times we must celebrate every success, large or small, just as we do with our pupils. We don't always celebrate on a level playing field, or else some children would rarely experience the thrill of succeeding and 'success breeds success' as they say.
    Best of luck with it.

4. littlemissraw

Thanks Theo & Lara. Whatever would I do without you both?! [​IMG]

5. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I really hope you get it. x

6. littlemissraw

Thank you Badger Girl [​IMG]

7. littlemissraw

Well I was meant to hear back today (its now 8pm here) 'at the very latest' you can guess what I'm going to say... [​IMG]

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Don't give up, don't give up . . .
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

9. Lara mfl 05

Well, you never know , but if you pop along to our

Flowers . . . thread there's a special delivery of cyber roses especially for you.

10. Lara mfl 05

No consolation at all, but have just re-checked e-mails and snail-mail just arrived but no letter for me either! As interviews were scheduled for this week, am not holding my breath either! [​IMG]

11. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Just popped back over to this forum and have left a delivery for you Lara on the flowers thread.

12. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

And for you too Little Miss Raw!

13. Lara mfl 05

Thank you marlin.
    Seeing as how Australia is roughly 12 hrs in front of us I expect littlemissraw won't see hers for a while.

14. littlemissraw

[​IMG]
    x

15. Lara mfl 05

littlemissraw
    Thank you for my 'hug' they do say 'feed a cold' sono problem there!

16. littlemissraw

Any news Lara? Hope you're feeling better.
    I've still not heard a peep, think its really rude they've not been in touch! Ahh well guess some things are just not mean to be (like me being employed [​IMG] lol) x