Currently on antibiotics for v nasty chest infection but GP has also suggested 5 day dose of oral steroids if peak flow does not improve. He has given me the prescription and told me to use it if pf still has not gone up after antibiotics begin to kick in. Feeling much better and pf improving but still very erratic. Never had to resort to oral steroids before (currently just on Seretide and reliever inhaler). Not sure whether to wait a bit longer or go for the strong stuff... Anyone been in a similar position?