1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AST posts, advertised but not fulfilled?

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by Littlesaltee, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Littlesaltee

Littlesaltee New commenter

I am currently a curriculum assistant in a maths faculty who has seen two jobs that are advertising for aspiring AST. I have not been accredited yet but have done head of fac part time and currently have unpaid teaching and learning responsibilities.
    I am frequently told that AST posts are being withdrawn and colleuges are warning me about moving somewhere and being made promises that may not be kept. Is there any way of getting a school to put in writing that they intend to fund a post?

2. Littlesaltee

Littlesaltee New commenter

I am currently a curriculum assistant in a maths faculty who has seen two jobs that are advertising for aspiring AST. I have not been accredited yet but have done head of fac part time and currently have unpaid teaching and learning responsibilities.
    I am frequently told that AST posts are being withdrawn and colleuges are warning me about moving somewhere and being made promises that may not be kept. Is there any way of getting a school to put in writing that they intend to fund a post?

3. I am also an aspiring AST. The future role of AST's is unclear. The new government are looking to pull all AST and Excellent teachers under one title and pay scale.... 'Lead Practitioner'.
    Also get your position in writing