1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AST numeracy job interview presentation advice

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hammodj, Feb 5, 2012.

1. I am about to attend interview for an AST in Numeracy post. Part of
    the interview process is delivering a 15 minute presentation on how an
    AST would raise the standards of numeracy across a family of schools.
    I'm after any advice people may have on how bet to tackle this task. I
    am particularly interested in knowing what form presentations of this
    sort usually take. Are they Powerpoint driven for instance? In
    addition, any aadvice on the content of the presentation would be most
    welcome. I have of course done some research and formulated some
    potential ideas of my own but ideas from others may reveal something
    obvious that I have over looked. Any help would be most welcome.

2. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

Perhaps if you could share the results of your research and experience we could then add our thoughts. I do think the content of the presentation should largely be your own, after all this is for an AST post so you should have a pretty good grasp of the role and its potential.
    I would have thought ppts would be the best way to structure your presentation, although you may include a video clip if you have one.
    Carrie [​IMG]

3. Hi
    Have you thought about using prezi instead of ppt? It is online and free in education. It doesn't take much to understand and makes you stand out from the crowd...always good when looking for an AST post! You will need to check you can get a wifi connection at your interview though but you could always use a dongle.
    Try to find out as much as you can about their issues and structure your presentation around that. Not sure I can help with content but I would focus on school-school collaboration models; there is lots of information about this on the national leadership college website if you have not already seen it. Remember to really focus on IMPACT. What will you do to raise standards across a group of schools.
    Good luck!