1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AST asssessment day next week

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by hatchervian, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Hi All, I know there are so many of these on line but I was just hoping for some personal guidance!!! I have my assessment day next week (Wednesday), I'm really nervous - as is to be expected!!! I can cope with most of the day the thing I'm really nervous about is the interview, I've always been shocking at interviews - I was hoping for any sot of guidance about what I might get asked about?!? It's a secondary AST post for Drama :)
    Thanks for you help!!!!
    xxx

2. Hi All, I know there are so many of these on line but I was just hoping for some personal guidance!!! I have my assessment day next week (Wednesday), I'm really nervous - as is to be expected!!! I can cope with most of the day the thing I'm really nervous about is the interview, I've always been shocking at interviews - I was hoping for any sot of guidance about what I might get asked about?!? It's a secondary AST post for Drama :)
    Thanks for you help!!!!
    xxx

3. You will be fine! Good luck.

4. You've probably got your observations planned and your files organised by now so the hard work really is all over. Treat the interview as a talk about teaching and learning between two people who are really interested in teaching and learning. (I found mine quite superficial in some ways as the assessor knew very little about teaching my subject).

5. Don't worry at all about this. My present head said my interview was the worst he had ever given. A previous head rang another head at aschool where I had an interview to say I was bad at interviews but should be given the job. I felt that it was a conversation on the AST day. Your folder and other people will have ticked off a lot of things for you. I felt the interview was just gaining evidence against the criteria. Good luck!