1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Associating an actor with a role

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Watching In The Line of Fire ... Gary Cole is in it

It seems he has been in loads of stuff

But I always think "Midnight Caller"

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Are you trying to set a record for starting threads today?

3. no

what record are you going for

4. I was going to reply to that question to Lilac, RF, but I better now ;)

5. [​IMG]

i have just glanced at the other threads I have started today ... they all seem to have developed into
    interesting discussions so I am happy that my behaviour has
    not been unpleasant

6. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Clint is always Harry Callahan, Harrison Ford will be forever Hans Solo and Croc Dundee doesn't actually have a proper name.

7. Never has a name [​IMG]

Harrison is Indie for me

Has the Hogan man been in anything else?

8. Gregory Peck will always be Atticus Finch. Sigh.[​IMG]

9. anon468

anon468 New commenter

The name didn't ring a bell for me, so I had to Google him!
    Both his daughters have cystic fibrosis and he does a lot of CF related charity work.

10. lurk_much

No No No!
    Well maybe.

11. Thing is I loved Han in IV but less so in V and VI when he fell into the establishment trap

Though Indie 4 is almost enough to return me purely to the single line in American Graffiti for my inspiration

12. Paul Hogan was a recognised Australian television comedian (ocker humour in the Paul Hogan Show) from the 70s long before Crocodile Dundee - he was also the 'Throw another shrimp on the barbie' and 'anyhow have a Winfield' man ... but yes, he has been in other movies, Almost an Angel, Flipper and Lightning Jack - my Dad bought shares in the movie Lightning Jack and lost it all it was such a flop (he wasn't too good with the stock market my Dad, whatever shares he bought flopped... :) )

13. Han. The first Indiana Jones films have been on lately and reminded me how good they were. I think because I was quite little I didn't realise that Han and Indy were the same person - total immersion in the character so it never occurred that there might be an actor involved! I always think of Brian Blessed as the bloke with wings from Flash Gordon.

14. Gordon's ALIVE

15. oh, and his name was 'Crocodile' Mick Dundee

16. I love Harrison Ford and I always associate him with Indie, but also the "Jack" character in "Working Girl" - god, I love that film.

17. oooooops did we insult Australia?

18. Fkash! Ah - aaaaah! Saviour of the Universe!

19. lurk_much

bovvered?