1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assistant Housemistress - payscale, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Independent' started by sunnies, Jan 13, 2011.

1. sunnies

sunnies New commenter

Afternoon all
    I have seen a job advertised for an Assistant Housemistress and I was wondering if anyone had any idea of the payscale. I know it varies dramatically from school to school, but even though I have been resident staff at my previous two schools, I have no idea what sort of pay they are on!

I know it's really rude to ask, but if anyone is an Assistant Housemistress could you give me an idea of the pay please? It advertises as a possible teaching role too so obviously I know what that is in the ball park of.

Many thanks :)

2. favouritecolourblue

favouritecolourblue New commenter

I get an extra £200 quid a month. Do 2 days responsible/on duty a week plus some other duties/meal supervisions, organising the off trip and so on.
    I expect that it varies widely, though. Check if you get any bills paid for you - that makes a difference.

3. sunnies

sunnies New commenter

Many thanks for your replies! I work in an indie (and have my whole career) so know the whole payscale mixture - can vary so much can't it!! I ideally don't want to live onsite but have emailed them to see if that was an option. I was just intruged to see how much the position would be as it was advertised as that and not a teaching position with residential duties.

Thanks again

4. mr_a_non

mr_a_non New commenter

I don't get paid anything extra but get have a free cottage, with bills paid...