1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assistant Headteacher interview Task

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by easyeasy, Nov 30, 2011.

1. I have my 1st ever assistant head interview on Monday, the task i am due to do is a little vague. It says it involves an intray exercise and the preparation of a briefing paper, and knowledge of the wolf review.
    Anyone got any ideas?

2. I have my 1st ever assistant head interview on Monday, the task i am due to do is a little vague. It says it involves an intray exercise and the preparation of a briefing paper, and knowledge of the wolf review.
    Anyone got any ideas?

3. Perhaps this would help? I just googled the wolf review exective summary. This was first.
    An intray exercise is exactly what it says. Think about what you may be expected to deal with on a daily basis. Your intray exercise could be reviewing some data and presenting the results for a staff meeting or a governors meeting, for example. If you have a look at the person specification, that may give you some hints as to what your intray exercise could be.
    Hope it goes well for you

4. Hi easyeasy,
    As the other reply says, usually an analysing data and reporting format activity. The key recomendations of the Wolf review are

incentivising young people to take the most valuable vocational qualifications pre-16, while removing incentives to take large numbers of vocational qualifications to the detriment of core academic study
    • introducing principles to guide study programmes for young people on vocational routes post-16 to ensure they are gaining skills which will lead to progression into a variety of jobs or further learning, in particular, to ensure that those who have not secured a good pass in English and mathematics GCSE continue to study those subjects
    • evaluating the delivery structure and content of apprenticeships to ensure they deliver the right skills for the workplace
    • making sure the regulatory framework moves quickly away from accrediting individual qualifications to regulating awarding organisations
    • removing the requirement that all qualifications offered to 14- to 19-year-olds fit within the Qualifications and Credit Framework, which has had a detrimental effect on their appropriateness and has left gaps in the market
    • enabling FE lecturers and professionals to teach in schools, ensuring young people are being taught by those best suited.