1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assistant Head Teacher application

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by Beelittlebee, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Hi,
    I'm currently in the process of applying for an AHT post at my school. However, I could really do with some help with the application letter. Does anybody out there have one I can look at so that I can get my (sore) head around what to include?
    I will be closely following person specification as this has arrived and will use this as a starting point, however would like some help to help calm my nerves...[​IMG]
    May I thank you in advance!!!
    Bee xxx

2. Hi,
    I'm currently in the process of applying for an AHT post at my school. However, I could really do with some help with the application letter. Does anybody out there have one I can look at so that I can get my (sore) head around what to include?
    I will be closely following person specification as this has arrived and will use this as a starting point, however would like some help to help calm my nerves...[​IMG]
    May I thank you in advance!!!
    Bee xxx

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

4. RosieLKH

RosieLKH New commenter

Closely following the school's spec is the best idea. Maybe take a look at the NCSL website (www.ncsl.or.uk) to see what they have on leadership etc.

It's better for the letter to come from you and be related to your experience. Generic application letters will not get you the job I'm afraid.

RLKH