1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

assignment help

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by saro87, Apr 15, 2012.

1. hey guys just looking for anyone who has done a dissertation on child poverty? I chose to do this as a SIM and look at the effects of poverty and the impact this has upon school experience but I am struggling with resources and getting a clear focus! any help would be much appreciated this is one of 3 assignments I have left to do before the 15th of april :(((

Sarah

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

That is today!!

3. lol sorry I meant the 15th of may I had a silent heart attack for a moment then!

4. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Well. we were always told to go for a very narrow topic and look at it in detail, rather than whitewash a very broad topic and ending up in the 'can't see the wood for the trees' situation. So I suggest you start by coming up with a more defining title maybe? Child poverty is huge. Are you looking at its' effect on educational attainment, attendance at school, access to resources (internet books at home etc), ill-health and subsequent effect on education, social implications?
    Once you have decided that, you can formulate your title, which will help hugely in planning out the rest of it. Eg 'Child Poverty and Social implications within school', 'Child Poverty and attainment in KS?'.
    Others will have other ideas I am sure, but for me, that's what I'd do first.
    Good luck

5. Just a thought. As I drove in to work this morning there was an piece on the radio about the plans to offset unpaid truancy fines against child benefit payments to parents. One person was talking about the high correlation between truancy and poverty. Don't know if this anything you may be interested in but thought I'd mention it.
    Good luck