1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assigning pupils to a Google site

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by cj3, Jan 16, 2012.

1. cj3

cj3

Recently we have had problems in assisgning our pupils to a site - or sharing permissions. Usually we copy the emails of pupil sets to assign them to a site - however now we have to enter a symbol to verify the action - the problem is we can't see the symbol because it comes up with a red cross (the image/symbol can't be displayed/viewed). Does anyone know what the problem is and how to get the symbol to display? Right clicking/Show image does not work. Any ideas?

2. cj3

cj3

Recently we have had problems in assisgning our pupils to a site - or sharing permissions. Usually we copy the emails of pupil sets to assign them to a site - however now we have to enter a symbol to verify the action - the problem is we can't see the symbol because it comes up with a red cross (the image/symbol can't be displayed/viewed). Does anyone know what the problem is and how to get the symbol to display? Right clicking/Show image does not work. Any ideas?

3. I don't experience the same problem so I can't say what will definitely work, but have you tried using Chrome. I've found a few issues in the past when using other browsers working with Google Apps & sites. Also, there are some very helpful and knowledgable contributors on the Apps help forums, such as Ahab.

Good Luck..

4. The red cross is a marker for "here is an image" and your Microsoft IE browser is set to not display images. There is a setting in Internet Options on the Control Panel that will let you corerct this. There is also probably Internet Options on the IE menu, but it is so many years since I used that junk that I simply don't know for sure.
    This sort of thing is just one of the reasons why IE is so awful.

5. scarlettheimposter

scarlettheimposter New commenter

Google are up to some fairly dirty tricks at the moment.
    There exists a website via which you can access Google without giving them a whole lot of personal information which they can use to target adverts at you.
    It is called Scroogle. However when you try to use it, this comes up:

<h1>Forbidden</h1><h2> so sorry...</h2><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    Google is temporarily blocking this Scroogle server.

Please wait ten minutes before trying again.
    <font color="#c00000">

Yes, Scroogle is upset with Google.</font>
    </font>

6. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter