1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessment

Discussion in 'Primary' started by chat2martin, Jul 23, 2020.

1. chat2martin

chat2martin New commenter

Hello Oracle,

I am starting a new job in September and I am not convinced by the assessment software the school uses - Target Tracker. I am no expert on it by any means but it seems very dated. Limited access to certain staff/HOD/HOY, not cloud based, no parent or student access and it doesn't empower teacher to use it well in classrooms.

Previously, I have used Go4Schools which I loved. It gives HOY/HODs full access and modification of marksheets and analysis. Parent and students can also access live data. However, this was a Secondary model and I am moving into Primary so I am not 100% sure it will work in Primary. Although I think it will.

Does anyone have any insights into using Go4Schools at Primary level or know of a better assessment tool.

Thank you

Martin

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Almost all state primaries I know and many independents use target tracker.
    It may be naff, but not sure what else is available for primaries.

Academic tracking in primary is very different to secondary...one of the things that drove me nuts when I moved (and still does almost 20 years later if I'm honest).

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

We use Target Tracker, swapped back after a couple of years using O Track, works well for what we need.

I think a lot depends on how it is set up and used, for example no reason why all teachers can’t have access, the ‘statements’ element is much more dynamic and useful for ongoing tracking and the filter and groups options are really useful.

Not sure I can see a use for the pupils to have access but our Eyfs use to record observations and photos and then share these with families.

It’s an internet site so access anywhere with a connection.

I’d suggest getting some online training with TT (free each year) and see what you think then.

4. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Bottom line is if your new school use Target Tracker then that's what you'll be doing!
    I don't mind it. Why on earth would you want parent or student access? That way madness lies.