1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessment only route - Final assessment day looming!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by peggaldinho, Jun 4, 2016.

1. peggaldinho

peggaldinho New commenter

I have my final visit from a external assessor in a few weeks time where I will be awarded QTS if successful. I have been lucky to have been funded fully by my training primary school and they want to offer me a class next year if I pass the course so there is a lot riding on me performing well!

The outline for the day is:
    2x 1 hour lesson observations (1 core + 1 non core)
    1 hour interview
    discussion with mentor and head.

I feel I am prepared for the lessons and have been busy finding extra evidence for my portfolio against the teacher standards.

I was wondering if anybody else has qualified through the assessment only route and can give me any guidance on what to expect during the interview part of the visit.

Thanks

2. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

I don't have any advice for you, I'm afraid, but would like to wish you good luck!

3. taz83

taz83 New commenter

I'm in the exact same position! How did the day go for you and what did they do say? I'm so nervous!