1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessment in Primary Schools!

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by ATurner0007, Jan 3, 2016.

1. ATurner0007

ATurner0007 New commenter

Good evening all,

I've been tasked with developing a whole school tracking system from EYFS to Year 6 across the primary school that I work in. Whilst at first this might seem daunting - I've actually quite enjoyed looking into what's already on the market and then putting my own product together.

My files are able to:
    Track Reading, Writing, Maths, SPAG (and possibly Science).
    Automatically rank pupils on a Learning Ladder (per subject)
    Track 'In year progress' and 'Key Stage progress'
    Highlight if pupils are on track for RWM and give a percentage per cohort.
    Attainment breakdown per subgroup
    Progress breakdown per subgroup
    Analysis of progress
    Progress Summary

I've also developed a range of APP style sheets that allow teachers to identify the STEP that pupils are working at, and with the new curriculum suggesting that pupils should master end of year objectives instead of moving on to learn new topics, I've also ensured that steps are progressive by allowing them to overlap.

I've included a few pictures below of my templates.

I guess my main question is would anyone else be willing to have a look and see what you think?

I've included a few images below - please feel to leave feedback!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. T34

T34 Lead commenter

How is the correct "Step" for a pupil identified?

3. ATurner0007

Hi T34 - we apply the same basics as you would for APP assessment!

4. T34

T34 Lead commenter

So does that mean you have a list of statements for a subject, you tick them off, count the number ticked, and convert that number to a step?

5. ATurner0007

In simple terms - YES!

I have statements for Reading, Writing and Maths at present.

Currently writing statements for SPAG and Science.

6. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Re the ticking off of the statements - as a process how does this lend itself to moderation ?

7. honeybadger69

honeybadger69 New commenter

I'd be happy to have a look...

8. ATurner0007

My school has taken the principles of APP and applied them fully using our new curriculum statements.

As for moderation (in school) we suggest the level that the pupil is working at, show the range of evidence that we have available, discuss the pupil in depth (as class teachers can) and then as a phase group discuss the evidence relating to each statement and agree or disagree.

As for moderation with our authority, we haven't been moderated yet, but they have said that they will use the documentation that we are alongside the NC documentation that they have access too!

9. ATurner0007

Have you got an email adress? Any specific area / year group that you would like?