1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessment in primary music

Discussion in 'Music' started by FCarpenter, Nov 25, 2015.

1. FCarpenter

FCarpenter New commenter

Dear All

Wondered if you could give me an idea of what assessment, if any, in music, goes on in your primary school or early years setting. Could be formal or informal.

Do you use an assessment resource that is used across the whole curriculum, or a system just for music, maybe something invented by yourself? Have you invented a system that you would be willing to share? I'm not going to use it for anything other than a sharing session/discussion with a group of music teachers. Just interested to see what goes on now, or not, with the new music curriculum in place.

(Have also posted in primary too.)

Many thanks indeed.

Fran

2. FCarpenter

FCarpenter New commenter

Hello, am just bumping this back to the top again, in the hope that someone might have some info on music assessment in their primary school that they might like to share! Hope you all had a good festive season! Fran x

3. muso2

muso2 Established commenter Community helper

Check out the resources on www.ism.org as there are some up-to-date webinars and assessment plans for the new NC.

4. FCarpenter

FCarpenter New commenter

Thank you for that, useful. I was aware of these, but haven't seen the new assessment overview before.

5. primaryteacher87

primaryteacher87 New commenter

Interested to see what responses you get. We're just looking at creating a new system here. Thinking about creating a music record book which moves through the school with each child - photos and comments etc to show their progress. But also want an assessment system to measure against NC expectations.