1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessment ideas needed....please help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by roxy7, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm in my third year of studying and in a school at the moment. For my six assessment chn I've decided to have a 'mini' interview with them and add that in. For eg, their interests, their strong points in certain lesssons, what type of learning styles they prefer, how much reading they do at home etc. It's given me a focus which I can use when planning my lessons and an insight into how I may be able to raise their levels slightly, by adding work that suits their learning style.
    Sometimes it might be a bit of extra reading that can help the child raise from a 2c to 2b.
    Hope it makes sense!
    Good luck!

2. Hi roxy7,
    thank you for your reply. That is a brilliant idea and I have written some interview questions this afternoon. I think it is a really good thing to put in my assessment folder.Thank you ever so much for your help [​IMG] Natalie.