1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessment for Learning - Questioning techniques

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by cstoffell, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I've been asked by my school to deliver a training session on assessment for learning, looking at ways to promote independent learning within a classroom. Any contributions to this would be really gratefully received! I've been looking particularly at questioning techniques and peer/self assessment strategies. Does anyone have any good suggestions on ways to deliver this/tried and tested ideas to share? Thanks.

2. Hi,
    I've been asked by my school to deliver a training session on assessment for learning, looking at ways to promote independent learning within a classroom. Any contributions to this would be really gratefully received! I've been looking particularly at questioning techniques and peer/self assessment strategies. Does anyone have any good suggestions on ways to deliver this/tried and tested ideas to share? Thanks.

3. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

Yes have a ton of stuff which I am happy to provide ( PPTs / published article / research ) - pm me or provide an e mail add

4. Keighleigh

Keighleigh New commenter

Look up Shirley Clarke, absolutely BRILLIANT!! Definitely works and aims for active students in all ways in the classroom. Totally inspired me!!
    K

5. Dylan Wiliam is the daddy of formative assessment. All his stuff is spot on