1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessment Folder

Discussion in 'Primary' started by toni331, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Hi, I'm trying to set a contents page for new assessment folders for everyone and wondered if anyone thinks I've missed anything.

So far I've got:
    * whole school spreadsheet and whole school priorities
    * Class tracking sheets
    * Notes from pupil progress meetings when appropriate
    * Maths APP ( Reading and writing stored elsewhere)
    * other relevant info e.g. spelling tests, mental maths etc.

My heads not quite in school mode yet so any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks

2. Something about targets?
    I have assessment files for each group with levelling sheets with statements on that I highlight off as they achieve them, and use these to set personalised targets.
    I then have an assessment folder with my data in, and my trackers for phonics. That's about it for assessment!
    Are you doing this for other members of staff? I dont think i'd like having an assessment file format forced upon me.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Does everyone need a whole school spreadsheet?

It seems very odd to have an assessment folder that doesn't contain reading and writing APP, if your school uses them. To me they would be essential items to have in there.

Mental maths and spelling test marks tell you nothing about progress, knowledge or assessment and so have no place in an assessment folder, imo.

Like the previous poster I'd not be too thrilled to have a format forced on me, especially with sections I see no point of at all. It would just be one more thing for me not to do and hope no-one asks for.

My assessment folder has: Whole school priority sheet (given to us); Class tracking sheets for reading, writing and maths; APP grids for reading, writing and maths; odd bits of evidence for APP as and when it seems appropriate.