1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessment Co-ordinator Help!! OFSTED imminent!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cescho, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I have been assessment co-ordinator at my primary school for the last 2 years, however the head kept all the "big" stuff to himself! He is currently not at school and our acting deputy is now acting head. She is doing a terrific job, but is turning to me for help with all the assessment data. Each class has a data file, but I have not been able to find any other information. We are extremely overdue for our next OFSTED.
    Can anyone help with what data I should have as assessment co-ordinator and what I should be able to tell OFSTED?

2. Hi,
    I have been assessment co-ordinator at my primary school for the last 2 years, however the head kept all the "big" stuff to himself! He is currently not at school and our acting deputy is now acting head. She is doing a terrific job, but is turning to me for help with all the assessment data. Each class has a data file, but I have not been able to find any other information. We are extremely overdue for our next OFSTED.
    Can anyone help with what data I should have as assessment co-ordinator and what I should be able to tell OFSTED?

3. I can empathise with your struggle! When I took over as assessment co-ordinator five years ago, I even asked our LEA advisory head what data I needed to have and she just enigmatically replied "Well, that's what you need to work out." Which wasn't much help!

In Terms 2 and 4, I usually include:
    Overview of progress (average points progress) in each year group from end of last year to current data
    Overview of attainment (average point score and % at age-related expectations) for each year group
    Overview of EYFS data (number of children at each point and progress)
    Targets and expected outcomes for end of Key Stage tests (Year 2 and Year 6)
    Overview for each subject showing number of children at each sub-level for each year group
    Breakdown by vulnerable groups (FSM, EAL, boys, SEN, etc.) showing progress and attainment of each group and comparing against rest of cohort - this part takes ages!!

In Term 6, I also include information about end of Key Stage test results and how this compares to previous years.

Ofsted may also ask you about things like how children are assessed and how assessments are moderated within school.

Do you have any assessment software? We use tracking grids on SIMs, which are provided by the LEA, but I'm still searching for software that makes tracking vulnerable groups quicker.

4. Sorry, that was formatted better to make it easier to read! Not sure why it lost paragraph breaks, etc. when I clicked 'Post'.