1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

assessment calender? what is it?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by sindy5, Jan 24, 2011.

1. hi all, am hoping someone on here can help me, i am going for interview for assessment coordinator and have been asked to do a presentation on
    "Assessment calendar for an outstanding primary school" and the role of the assessment coordinator in the assessment process.
    Think i can manage 2nd part but what is an assessment calendar?
    thanks in advance for any help or advice

2. hi all, am hoping someone on here can help me, i am going for interview for assessment coordinator and have been asked to do a presentation on
    "Assessment calendar for an outstanding primary school" and the role of the assessment coordinator in the assessment process.
    Think i can manage 2nd part but what is an assessment calendar?
    thanks in advance for any help or advice

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

An assessment calendar is a schedule which provides details of the assessment / tracking / trial tests / monitoring / analysis / progress updates / interim / end of year / parents or consultation evenings/ reporting mechanisms / arrangements for SATs/ submission of TA data etc for the school - set out it is a feature of secondary school provision . Arrangements for SEN should dovetail. It provides an assessment timeline for parents / carers / staff .

4. Yes it is all the things you would do over the year as assessment co. Which year do you teach at the minute?