1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessing year 9 Media

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by magic surf bus, Nov 15, 2011.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

A few years ago I devised a system for assessing Media in KS3 using a combination of relevant English and ICT assessment objectives and levels. Our course was one hour a week based in computer rooms so the emphasis was on Multimedia production skills. Homeworks were based around textual analysis of Moving Image clips stored on CD - each pupil was given a HW CD at the start of the year. Nowadays you could probably achieve the same with a VLE.

I matched the English and ICT Assessment objectives to the actual tasks I wanted my students to undertake, thus making my subject appear cross-curricular. However, I didn't go out of my way to make them do stuff just to tick boxes, for example ICT nowadays seems to expect screenshot evidence of every little task they complete - I couldn't be a*sed with any of that. If the AO matched what they did that was fine, if it didn't, they did the task anyway. I consider the National Curriculum to be the basic foundation to build on, not the be all and end all of existence. If you can adapt it or improve on it, then do so.

If you PM me I can send you a weblink to the document(s) I put together, but remember they are a few years old and are probably out of date now.

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

OK. Will see to it whenever my Inbox link reappears...

[Edit] - ah, found it.

3. Hi, me too please.

4. hi,
    you are most greet to this education forum site , at this juncture you can acquire plenty of article associated
    to ur education profession and with the help of this site you get the answer of your thread but for your this query
    you must to contact your friends for better help, sorry for inconvenience. Be grateful you.
    ---------------------
    Struts2 Jquery