1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessing Y6 Science?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Vanadesse, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

Evening all, I hope you're all having a lovely weekend before we're back to school tomorrow. I've been told that I need to report Science levels at the end of the year, or at least report % at ARE, below and exceeding. If I'm honest, I'm really not sure how best to go about this as I've never had to level in Science, particularly now in a world without set/universal levels. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice for me on how to best go about doing all this?

2. teacup71

teacup71 Occasional commenter

3. hotchoc6

hotchoc6 Occasional commenter

The above looks good. Which ones have you purchased?

Has anyone bought the Rising Stars assessment tests for Science? If so would you recommend them?

4. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

I don't think my school would go for paying out for the Lancashire stuff without being able to actually see it and see if it's any good. It's quite a lot of money so they'd want to know that it was the best option.

We had RS before the curriculum changes, it seemed OK but I can't comment on it with the new curriculum.

5. teacup71

teacup71 Occasional commenter

We just bought the Klips for the core and foundation subjects. We think they are good as they give you objectives which are linked to Year groups and then can be used to set work in class. This then can be used for moderation.
    We have only got the Rising stars revision books which seem alright.
    We make our own tests from Testbase for science.