1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessing the foundation subjects

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Luke88, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Luke88

Luke88 New commenter

Just wondering how this done in other schools.... curious to see how it compares with what we have recently introduced. Also what information are class teachers reporting to senior leaders when it comes to foundnation subjects?

2. damo6bomb

damo6bomb New commenter

Don’t, it’s irrelevant. Controversial I know.

3. NeKo

NeKo New commenter

So true!! If only SMT thought the same...
    We use Target Tracker and are supposed to update by clicking in the boxes with statements every half term (I think). We then use the boxes to determine the level. Waste of time and of no help whatsoever. We already know who finds elements of subjects tricky or who knows lots and a number/ letter combination doesn't translate into the fact that a child is really talented with clay but struggles with sketching for example.
    I also feel it's stupid to write on reports how much effort a child puts into a subject across the whole year.

4. pedchamp

pedchamp New commenter

We use 'Infomentor' that links curriculum planning to assessments. Seems to make life easier.